Poly‐Bag Uncuffer, Folder and Top Sealer
Minimum Case Size: 9 x 9 x 6 in.
Maximum Case Size: 20 x 15 x 16 in.
Astro Packaging Poly-Bag Uncuffer Top Sealer
The Ridgeline Machine Design, LLC model PBUC‐UFC automatic poly‐bag uncuffer, bag fold and case top sealer is the industry leader and well known for its rugged construction and 24/7 operation and – depending on case size ‐ capable of a maximum speed of up to 15 cases per minute.
At its heart is the uncuffing and bag folding method that has been in practice since 1988. The “feathering” uncuffing fingers get around your case and then come together below the cuffed bag then elevate to stand the bag upright. While the bag is about to get its first fold bag gusset tucking is performed and one major flap is pulled back so the final bag fold is done as close to the top of your product as possible assuring complete bag coverage.
After the final bag fold the case is released to the tamp station where any remaining air in the bag is relieved so the bag does not balloon out of the closing case flaps making a pleasant looking case closure and tape seal. Finished case is released to your take‐away conveyor for palletizing.
Allow us to show you how the model PBUC‐UFC automatic poly‐bag uncuffer, bag fold and case top sealer can be the solution to your needs.
Poly-Bag Uncuffer Top Sealer Standard Features:
- Speeds up to 15 cases per minute.
- Power coated steel frame (medium gray.)
- Programmable logic control.
- Ethernet IP communication.
- NEMA 12 wiring with 24 Volt DC controls.
- Sensorless vector drive for motor.
- 3M Accuglide II taping head.
- Bag tamped prior to case top sealing.
- Guarding with monitored safety circuit.
- Non‐lube service pneumatic components.
- 480 Volts AC 3‐phase 10 amp main supply (other voltages are available.)
- Supply demand photoeye.
- Small footprint.
Poly-Bag Uncuffer Top Sealer Optional Features:
- Stainless steel construction with NEMA 4X electrical.
- Low air supply alarm.
- Hot melt closure.